Sunday, May 27, 2007

My weekend

It was a busy one. Friday night I was supposed to cook my flatmate and boyfriend dinner but this was moved to Saturday night. I watched happy feet instead on Friday night with my flatmate. Hilarious and highly recommended if you haven't seen it.



My flatmate is called Martha and she is Colombian. I think sometimes she has a bit of trouble understanding me but she is very good at English. I tell her things and sometimes my accent makes it sound like something else. We've had a few laughs making mistakes with pronunciation and I do love pronouncing big words for her. I had no idea what to tell Martha when she asked "What you say to peoples who come into the coffee shop and they have dead family?" I stopped dead in my track for a sec. I came up with "Commiserations", you try explaing the word commiserations to someone. It ain't easy.



Saturday I worked at my friends fancy dress shop....RATBAGS & SCALLYWAGS. If you ever need a costume to hire call me and I will put you in touch with Samara. I did some fliers up to promote the business and posted them into peoples letter boxes. Saw a great Alice in Wonderland outfit.



Saturday night was time for the rugby. I ran around making fish pie whilst the prelude was on then it was food and drink time. I was in constant contact with my sis-in-law down in Melbourne because she was born in Wales. When I told her Australia put down a try in extra time she wasn't too happy. I was jumping up and down.



Sunday I was up early to take one of my boyfriends snakes to a mates house. I kept as far away from the snake as possible. We ended up at Gymea pub for lunch (YUM!) and Scott's home later, after many beers to catch-up with his parents.

No comments: