Thursday, November 26, 2009

Friday at last

What along week it seems to have been. A big thank you to my faithful sis Jo for commenting on my blog. We are really sister's-in-law but I love her so much she is like a sister to me.

Thanks to Jo for the sausage roll recipe, I am wowing the office this morning with the delights of yummy sausage rolls. Grahame ate them last night and loved them too. I had them for dinner, breakfast and I just had 2 for morning tea.

My mission to lose 4 kilos before Christmas has stopped at 1 kilo. I weigh myself every Friday morning and this morning I was the same weight at 74.0kgs. Ah well, better luck next week for me. Truth be told exercise went out the window this week.

Well, what a busy weeekend I have got ahead of me. Tonight it's off to the NSW leagues club for a few tasty beverages. One of my mates from Westpac (I worked there in 2001) has popped back from England for a few weeks so we are catching up for a beerie. Hopefully Grahame will make it into the city to have a couple of light beers. I'm heading home at 8pm to make more sausage rolls.

Tomorrow morning it's up early and off to Sutho library for my writers meeting. We have a little Christmas celebration tomorrow for end of year and guess what plate of food I am taking....you guessed it, those delightful sausage rolls.

At 2:30pm I have to be down at Loftus Station to get my yellows on for our Como Markets day. A great day to show the kids the truck and the weather is holding out for us too. Lots of sausage sandwiches will be sold (I hope) to increase our fundraising. That finishes at 9pm and then I am sure I will be ready to drop dead.

Up early again on Sunday for Fire Training. One of my favourite days of the week. The crew down at the station are all fantastic, they are like a second family to me. We check the trucks for gear at 8am then usually about 9am we head out into the bush to fight pretend fires. I will be sure to blog about this on monday and tell you all about our amazing adventures. Our deputy captains are great because they put a lot of thought into our training. Sometimes we have to attend pretend car accidents. last week we simulated a fire over-run. An over-run is when the wind changes direction and all the fire-fighters are caught in a dead-man zone. The only action you can take is to get back to the truck , turn the sprinkler bars on to cover the truck and shield yourself with blankets hoping you don't die.

Our area has had some bad fires in the past and this season has already been classed as potentially catastrophic. We have done many hazard reductions to try and bring the fuel load down to a minumum in the bush. Although we a very prepared who knows what the summer will bring. Fingers crossed it's not too bad.

Hope your weeekend is going to be as fun as mine. Oh, and Alex if your reading this (the cutest niece in the world) I hope you had a brilliant time at camp.........be good to your mum and dad and give Oliver a big hug from me.

Love yous all
Clare xo

No comments: