Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Updating my blog coz I haven't done it in ages

Here I am again back on Blogging, thanks to my sis Jo for giving me a push. It's now 26/11/09 and I think today our family emigrated from England in 1982. Well done for sticking it out everyone. My life has changed a fair bit since I last blogged. I am now living with a new flatmate called Privy, she's nice but she buys 1 ply toilet paper...........derrrr! I am thinking she buys the crap stuff so I will just take over and keep buying the Sorbent paper.

Today I am happily at work paying all the hotels superannuation. I work for Rendezvous Hotel Group as a payroll contractor. Apparently I am filling in for someone while they are out on stress leave. My contract that was supposed to go for 2-3 weeks has lasted nearly 2 months. Thanks for that boss 'cause I seriously need the money. I love the job and I am hoping I get to stay on forever.

I am now kind of dating a guy called Grahame. We have had our fair share of problems but we have worked through everything so far. Big problem being his drinking but now he is attending AA and spending a lot of time trying to keep me happy....it's working!

I am a volunteer fire-fighter with the Rural Fire Service at Loftus and I love it. We have training evey Wednesday night and every Sunday. This weekend is our biggest fundraising weekend. We take the truck down to Como twilight markets and sell lots of sausage sandwiches and bacon and egg ones with or wothout onions. I show the kids the truck and let them hold the maglite. For some reason they are fascinated by the maglite, go figure?

I am getting more into my writing and I have joined the Federation of Australian Writers. We only meet once a month and I have been voted in next year as treasurer. We are having a little Christmas bash on Saturday lunchtime so I am taking some sausage rolls..thanks Jo for the recipe. Grahame is out today buying me the ingredients.

This year I finished 5th in the Board Games Association. I am an avid member of the Sydney Board Games Association. After coming 3rd last year I was really hoping for a trophy again but I was just pipped out by our president.

I'm off to Mebourne to spend Christmas with my family and that is the biggest thing I am looking forward to at the moment. I am also looking forward (heaps) to the end of year firies Christmas Party. They are a great bunch of guys and we now have 2 new girlie recruits which I am very proud of.

Thanks for reading me
I'll be blogging soon (yes Jo, soon)

1 comment:

Jo said...

WOOHOO.... great to see you back!! Now I can read someone's blog that I actually know!! lmao!!

Looking forward to the next installment.... maybe tomorrow??? hahahaha