Monday, November 30, 2009

Windy Tuesday in Syndey











Well, I promised to post yesterday but things were a little hectic at work. Here's what went on this weekend:

Friday night I met up with a girl I used to work with and had a couple of drinks at the NSW Leagues club. We laughed for a few hours and shared stories. She is living in England now and it was great to see her. She has just made it into the robberies division in her precinct and she is doing very well in the Police Force.

Grahame came into the city and we went to see the Christmas tree at Martin Place (see above). We are the 2 dots infront of the tree, needless to say it's beautiful. Tonight I will be putting up the Christmas decorations, one of my favourite times of the year.

Saturday morning it was up early to cook the sausage rolls for my Writers Club Christmas party. Thanks again Jo for the recipe, they went down a treat. See picture above

I had to nick out early to get to the Fire-Fighters fundraising day. Down at Como Markets we spent the whole day cooking sausage sandwiches. I was lucky because one of my friends Carmen droppped by and kept me entertained for an hour which was really good. She's a little crazy but heaps and heaps of fun. The day was a great success and we raised over $3,000. Grahame came up and bought me a snow cone, what a gentleman. The temperature reached about 38 degrees so I was very greatful. One of my buddies Stubbsy decided to have a pineapple snow cone and it looked a little like he had found the yellow snow. I really shouldn't have said anything to him because he spent the next 10 minutes flicking it in my hair.

Sunday it was off to training with the firies and what a great day we had. Our acting Captain Matty was our leader for the day and he went through using the portable pump with me. I operated it myself and fed 2 hose lines through it down by Mirang Pools, near Waterfall south of Sydney. Again it was a hot day and Matty decided to fill my helmet up with water and throw it all over me...............it was a great relief from the heat. The first time he tried it I managed to spill the water all over him so we were even. The picture above is me in front of one of our trucks. We have 2 trucks called Loftus 1-Alpha and Loftus 1-Bravo. Sunday at training we used Lotus 1-Alpha. When we got back to the station we filled up the tank from the hydrant outside and I called back to our communication headquarters to tell them we were back at Station 14 (Loftus). We then ate lots more sausage rolls which my station buddies loved.

Back home in the afternoon and I relaxed with Grahame for a bit before he took me out for a beautiful dinner at Jai Dee Thai restaurant. I had mussaman lamb and he had chicken with cashew nuts (as always). We had a great night and I nearly made it through a whole bottle of Fifth Leg Cabernet Sauvignon..........not a bad drop.


And now back to work for me, Ihope your weekend was as great as mine

No comments: