Sunday, December 6, 2009

Back to Work, It's Monday Again




Well what a great weekend I had. It started with Friday off work. I had to go to Court for Grahame and everything went as well as it could have done. Unfortunately he has a drink driving charge hanging over his head now, sentence to be handed down in February. He will probably get community service and a $3,000 to $5,000 fine. Good news is he has been great keeping away from the alcohol, he was especially good all weekend.

We went home and did lots and lots of washing then it was off to the post office with the pictures Sean bought off ebay for Daniel's room. I tell you what, those pictures are driving me up the wall. Who buys pictures in Sydney for $10 and then have to get them posted for about $50 (including bubble wrapping)? Poor Grahame lugged them all the way to the post office and after I found out the price he had to lug them all the way back. I am gonna kill my bruva!!!

Friday night I made Jo's mexican tortilla stack and it was absolutely delicious. Grahame loved it and we ate heaps and heaps of it. Thanks Jo for the tasty recipe, I just had the last of it for lunch.

Saturday it was time for a bit of a sleep in, then we went up the shops and bought eggs and bacon for breakfast. I had another community outreach activity for the firies. This time I was down at Engadine promoting fire action plans, partaking in sausage sandwiches. It was rather a hot day. Me and Elise had a good chat and we popped into her sisters to see her new kitten 'Simba' on the way back. We also hit the Reject Shop and I spent my usual $20 on heaps of junk. I bought little disco balls for the Christmas tree, awesome at $4 a box.
When I got back to Sutherland it was time to do more resting and snoozing. I painted my nails and Grahame even helped me stick some pretty stickers on them (see pic above). Thanks Mum for getting them for me.

Saturday night Grahame took me out for dinner to our local Thai restaurant, Thai Rose. He ordered the usual Chicken with Cashew nuts and I had Thai beef salad. I drank nearly a whole bottle of red wine so I was a little bit tipsy....maybe more than a little bit.

We got home about 10ish and we turned the balcony Christmas lights on. We took a photo of ourselves when we got home (pic above), I tried to take a photo of the lights but it wouldn't work. I popped a DVD on called 'I Love You Man' and it was hilarious.
Sunday it was up early to make my standard Sunday morning breakfast - Eggs Benedict. I woofed it down and Grahame enjoyed his then thankfully I got a text from Elise. She picked me up on the way to firies, lucky because my head was a little fuzzy from the red wine the night before. I hopped in her car and she had brought me a banana smoothie (bless her cotton socks), she even cooked Anzac biscuits............yum!

We trained with Acting Captain Matty and he is a great trainer. We simulated different ways to tackle a fire, firstly doing a head attack, coming up directly behind the fire and attacking it head on. We trained down the back of Loftus and it was very tiring, We had to drag 3 lengths of hose up a steep hill and continually wet down the area. We were all glad of the debrief afterwards because we sat around drinking lots of water. I enjoyed throwing my water at Big John and Petey. We then did the attack again, this time I had to lug a breeching piece up the top of the hill along with a dry length of hose and a branch (Nozzle). We split the attack from further up the hill and I backed Elise up. We always make a good pair on the fire-ground.

We packed up our many hoses and headed off to refill the tank because we were only left with a quarter. We went down to the creek and drafted. I used the pump again and had my turn at priming the lines and filling the tank. We were absolutely filthy by this stage, me and Elise started cleaning the top of the truck. The weekend trainers had used foam in the tank and it started spilling out everywhere like something out of Ghostbusters. By the time we had finished we were drenched. On the count of 3 Elise whispered into my ear to give our capatin Matty a hug. We gave him a huge bear hug and covered him with our dirt. I think it's the filthiest I have ever gotten at training. Back to the station at about 1pm and we were very happy to take our yellow pants off. I love taking my pants off anyway HAHAHAHA!

Elise gave me a lift home and I ate more tortilla stack with Grahame. I had my afternoon snooze while Grahame vacuumed, cleaned the balcony and cleaned the glass balcony door. I couldn't believe it when he was finished, I woke up to a lovely clean house. What a gem that boy can be!

One of my mates Lee droppped off her birthday invite for the 19th of December at the Brass Monkey, only problem is that's the date I am celebrating Christmas with Grahame so I won't be going to her birthday. Big shame because it would have been fun but I will have lots of fun with Grahame.

I cooked up some steak and sausages and chips and vegies for dinner and fed Grahame as much as possible. He needs to eat more, he is only 4 kilos heavier than me which is outrageous. He was in bed early last night because he has to be up at 4am, that's the life of a Grabo.

I wish it was still the weekend but good news is now it's only a couple of weeks until I leave for Christmas with my wonderful family in Melbourne..........I'm counting down the days.

No comments: