Tuesday, December 8, 2009

BBQing is here for the summer


Well, as you can see Grahame constructed the BBQ last night. After 2 and a half hours and me constantly saying "Is is ready yet?" it was ready to go.
I brought home some beef skewers, pork skewers, prawn skewers and some barramundi to be cooked. By the time it was ready, about 8:30pm a huge storm was headed our way. Not the most ideal conditions for a BBQ but Grahame managed to get it working despite the gas blowing out 4 or 5 times and causing him a headache, he did very well.
The storm got progressively worse and it started thundering and lightening, it was also blowing a gale. Some of the trees near the unit looked a bit dodgy but after about an hour it was over.
A word of warning to any new BBQ enthusiasts, if you get a new BBQ always wash the hotplates before you use them. We managed not to wash them therefore all the food tasted a little bit weird, kind of plasticy.
I threw together a spinach leaf, paremsan, capsicum and spring onion salad with Balsamic dressing which turned out okay, see picture above. We also had some pasta salad store bought from Woolies which is Grahame's favourite...........I spoil that boy.
You can see by the second picture Grahame was ready to BBQ his head. The poor guy had worked from 5am to 4pm, picked up the BBQ and got home about 5pm. He walked up to the station to help me carry my shopping bags and then spent all evening putting the thing together and cooking. By the end he was exhausted and in bed by 9:30pm.
I'm pleased to say I have made some contact with some more school friends from Kilbreda, one I found out is living in Sydney! I just sent her an email telling her we need to catch up, it's probably been 18 years since we have spoken. Another friend Rochelle, who used to be my cricket buddy, is working for Victoria Police. We met through our brothers both called Sean and we never looked back. I am hoping to see her over the Christmas break but it is a busy time of year.
So far I have received 3 Christmas cards and I have sent none so I am doing really well. Tomorrow I will be starting work on my family poems for Christmas day so I am looking forward to that. it's been a full year of laughs and tears.
Back to work I go, thanks for reading me

1 comment:

Jo said...

You are a slave driver!!! Poor Grahame.

Love the salad... baby spinach is my favourite.

Can't wait for my poem!!

MWAH - sis xxx