Thursday, December 31, 2009

Back in Sydney now, this was Melbourne

What a fine time I had with the family in Melbourne this Christmas and I managed to catch up with some friends too. I flew into Melbourne on the 23rd and went straight to my brothers for a lovely dinner and to meet my new little nephew Daniel (pictured bottom) for the first time. I was lucky enough to have lots of cuddles and a play with my nephew Christian. The next day I was off to mum and dads and they surprised me with a manicure and pedicure! It was great fun because I have never had one before. It was early to bed on Christmas Eve after wrapping my presents, flights can be pretty tiring.
The next day it was up early to help set-up for Christmas dinner. The whole family was coming over and I was running around for mum who wasn't well.

At about 12pm Noel (pictured below), Jo (pictured above), Oliver, Alex, Bib, Vicky, Sean, Daniel and Christian arrived and we ate and drank. We opened lots of presents and ate some more. I managed to get everyone to sit down to read te Christmas poems I had written for them. Unfortunately I got a little emotional but I think everyone liked them.I stayed up and ate lots more when Noel and Jo brought out the seafood platter which was lovely. The next day it was off to Noel and Jo's for some more fun. Shopping on the way for a great weekend of laughs. It was nice to spend some quality time with them, I don't see them enough

On Sunday the 27th I popped over to the Mentone Hotel for a few tasty beverages with some of my old friends, this is Me and Tracey (pic above) one of my old school friends. Sunday night I stayed up quite late with Noel and Jo and had a few vodkas but I was up bright and early the next day for bowling.




I went with mum and dad down to Mordialloc Bowls Club and had a few laughs. I am now known as the dumper because I really can't bowl very well and I dump the ball instead of bowling it.




Later Sean, Vicky, Daniel (pic above) and Christian came over for dinner and I had another hold of my newest nephew.
The next day I went shopping for Jo's birthday present and a present for Grahame who met me at the train station near the airport. Later in the afternoon I went to the beach with Dad (pic at the top). It was nice to go walking with Dad and try to get rid of some of that Christmas belly.
I had a great time and I can't wait to go back but I think Bali is next on my agenda if I can save the money.

1 comment:

Jo said...

So what did you buy me? LOL!!!!!!!

I am so glad that you had a great day with da fam!! Can't wait to see you again ALREADY!!

Jo xx